Sunday, August 26, 2012

Busy Saturday!

My day started off with volleyball practice in the morning. Being a part of the girls volleyball team I am required to attend all practices and be committed to the team. We had a great 2 hour practice where I developed my skills in blocking and spiking.
I promised to help out with supervising our school gym during the Welcome Back BBQ that our school hosted. Sports equipment for table tennis, badminton, volleyball and basketball were available to be used by the people attending the BBQ and so my job was keep an eye on the gym and make sure everything was running smoothly. I enjoyed this job I was signed up for as I could interact with other students and staff memebers.
Later I helped out with the SGA event, “Welcome back to the island party”. Being a part of the SGA committee, I signed up to help with the event. I helped out by collecting money from the attendants as well as by taking photographs of the students enjoying the music at the disco. The photos were later posted on the SGA facebook page.
By helping out with the BBQ and the SGA disco I served the OSC community. Over all the day was busy but I was happy to be a part of the team making the day as successful as it was.

One of the photos I took at the disco
At the SGA event as a photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment